MY FAVORITE SECRET INGREDIENT FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

SECRET INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

IT’S TIME FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB REVEAL AGAIN!!! FOR THE SECRET RECIPE CLUB, EVERYONE IS GIVEN THE NAME OF A BLOG (SECRETLY) AND YOU CHOOSE ONE RECIPE TO MAKE FROM THAT BLOG. THEN, EVERYONE POSTS AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME GIVEN DAY….TODAY!!!! IT IS FUN TO DISCOVER WHO HAD YOUR BLOG AND TO REVEAL THE ONE YOU WERE SECRETLY BAKING/COOKING FROM ALL ALONG!

2 MONTHS AGO, I CHOSE A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE WITH A SECRET INGREDIENT FOR MY SRC PICK. THE SECRET INGREDIENT WAS…….WELL, CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT!

IRONICALLY, THIS MONTH WHEN I WAS ASSIGNED MOMMY’S MENU I FOUND A UNIQUE CHOCOLATE CHIP RECIPE WITH YET ANOTHER INTERESTING SECRET INGREDIENT. WELL, HOW COULD I NOT TRY IT?!! IMPOSSIBLE! SO, THIS MONTH I BRING YOU CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES BAKED WITH…….DAH DAH DAH DAH…..DRUMROLL PLEASE………..CREAM CHEESE!!!!! BE SURE TO VISIT MOMMY’S MENU…TONI IS A MOM OF 7, YES 7!! AND STILL FINDS TIME TO WHIP UP AMAZING CREATIONS IN THE KITCHEN!!!! THANKS FOR THIS DELISH RECIPE!

SECRET INGREDIENT Chocolate Chip Cookies  (WITH cream cheese shhhhh)
Makes about 30 cookies

4 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups plus 3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325° and line baking sheets with parchment.

Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the Vanilla.

Sift together dry ingredients and then add them to the butter mixture. Beat until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Place a large scoop (about 2 tbsp) on the prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your hand. Bake 12-14 minutes (mine took about 16 minutes) or until edges are looking light golden brown.

Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets before moving to wire racks to cool completely.

CLICK HERE FOR A DIFFERENT SECRET INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE!!!! MMMMMMMM!

RECIPE FROM MOMMY’S MENU VIA PINTEREST-MY ONLY CHANGE WAS TO ADD SEA SALT TO THE TOPS OF THE COOKIES BEFORE BAKING!!!! YUM!!!!!!!

Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

1. says

That’s funny…I just selected a recipe over the weekend based on the fact that it had cream cheese! Love it….Great SRC choice.

2. says

I finally finished my pantry clean out and found, oh, I don’t know, 12 bags of chocolate chips. I now know what I will use some of them for! Great SRC post!

3. Donna says

Your cookies sound yummy! I usually put chocolate chips and heath in my cookies do you think it would work with this recipe?

4. lezly waterhouse says

I made these yesterday, mainly because they were egg free, and eggs and I aren’t friendly. I thought the cream cheese was an excellent idea. These were excellent coming out of the oven, very smooth and creamy, however, when they cooled, I was very disappointed. they became hard, dry little pucks. is the egg free an error, and they actually should have eggs which would soften them up, or did I do something wrong I followed the recipe

• Lezly Waterhouse says

I don’t think I over baked them, they weren’t brown, I did have the convection in the oven on, would that do it?

• danielle says

Yes, that could be the culprit. I do find the convection setting cooks things faster for sure so maybe it dried them out a bit more.

5. Lezly Waterhouse says

I’ll retry without the convection
    thanks, thery were awesome coming out of the oven the first time!!!

6. Maria says

The first time I made them I cooked them for 18 minutes. I thought they were good but when I ate them the next day they were a little hard but still good. So I remade them 2 more times but for only 14 minutes and they came out PERFECT nice and chewy. Everyone loved them. Thank you for the Recipe.