- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, (2 sticks), softened
- 2 large eggs
- Sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- Put sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed 30 seconds. Add butter; mix until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time. Reduce speed; gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough using a 2-inch ice cream scoop; space cookies 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten cookies slightly with a spatula. Sprinkle tops with sanding sugar, then lightly brush with a wet pastry brush; sprinkle with more sanding sugar.
- Bake cookies until golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks using a spatula; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- recipe adapted from Martha
LINKING AT RECIPES FOR MY BOYS
You May Love These, Too! XOXO