SHRIMP SCAMPI SERVED OVER QUINOA-SIMPLE & DELISH! I USED 2 POUNDS SHRIMP AND DOUBLED THE RECIPE BELOW:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- handful of chopped scallions
- splash of white wine
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
In a pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute-be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the shrimp, salt and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Add the wine, lemon juice, zest and cook 1 minutes. Remove heat and add the scallions & lemon slices. Serve over quinoa!
Quinoa-Boil 1c. quinoa and 2 cups water. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook on med – low about 12 mins.