STEP ONE-BAKE BROWNIES OF YOUR CHOICE. I USED ALMOST 2 9X13 PANS. CHILL, CUT INTO CUBES. HERE IS MY FAVORITE BROWNIE RECIPE! YOU CAN USE GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES, TOO!! CHILL BROWNIES BEFORE CUTTING.
STEP TWO-MAKE THIS CARAMEL…..CLICK HERE!
STEP THREE-WHIPPED CREAM!
HERE IS THE RECIPE FOR THE STABILIZED WHIPPED CREAM I USED! IT WILL NOT DEFLATE LIKE REGULAR WHIPPED CREAM MIGHT.
WHIPPED CREAM FILLING:
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Add the cold water to a small bowl, then sprinkle the gelatin over it. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, until it has set.
- In a small skillet, add about 1/2-inch of water, and heat over medium-high heat. Place the small bowl with the gelatin directly inside the skillet. Stir the gelatin until it is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the skillet.
- In the mixer, use whisk attachment and beat the heavy cream & powdered sugar. Beat on high to soft peaks. Add in the melted gelatin mixture and continue to beat until stiff peaks have formed.
STEP 4-OPTIONAL: CHOP UP SOME ROLO CANDIES
TO ASSEMBLE: LAYER IN TRIFLE BOWL: WHIPPED CREAM, BROWNIES, CARAMEL, ROLOS AND REPEAT OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL YOU REACH THE TOP.
top picture above shows this made without the rolos-use any candy you like!Second pic shows with rolos! I have also made this using Fairytale Brownies-awesome!