INSTEAD OF WEIGHING THIS CAKE I AM CALLING IT THE 12 HOUR CAKE! LOL IT WAS A LOT OF WORK BUT WELL WORTH IT!!!! 100% DELICIOUS!!!!!
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE I USED THIS RECIPE BUT SUBSTITUTED BETTER BATTER FLOUR FOR THE ALL PURPOSE TO MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE.
this cake layer adapted from Chow
For the chocolate cake:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon fine salt
2/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
2/3 cup boiling water
2/3 cup whole milk, at room temperature
12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature, plus more as needed
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
- Heat the oven to 350°F and line three 8 inch pans with nonstick foil.
- Whisk together the measured flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl
- Whisk together the cocoa and boiling water in a small bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the milk; set aside.
- Beat butter until fluffy. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time.
- Add a flour alternating with cocoa mis and ending with flour.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake them 30-35 mins until done.
- Cool and place into freezer.
For the chocolate cheesecake:
Crustless Cheesecake portion:
1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2- 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 oz. package cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 tsp baking powder
5 1/2 ounces milk chocolate chips, melted
1/2c. dark chocolate chips, melted
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease ONE 8″ pan with shortening, line the pan with parchment and then grease the parchment. Lightly butter the pan and Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add cream cheese a little at a time until smooth. Scrape bowl down and beat again on medium speed, adding eggs one at a time. Add remaining ingredients. Mix again until smooth.
Pour in pan. Smooth batter with offset spatula and bake for 50-55 mins. Cheesecake will puff up during baking, then deflate when taken out.
Do not turn out cheesecake when finished baking. Put directly in the freezer, and leave until frozen solid. Remove for assembly.
For the whipped fudge filling:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- microwave chocolate and corn syrup until hot. Pour over chocolate and stir until smooth. chill in fridge uncovered 45-60 minutes. Remove and whip in mixer 2 minutes. immediately assemble spreading generously between the cake and cheesecake layer.
For the milk chocolate buttercream:
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Microwave the 2 chocolates until melted.
- Beat the butter about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk. Pour in the chocolate until completely incorporated. Add the vanilla and salt and mix until incorporated.
- On low, add the powdered sugar until it’s incorporated and the mixture is creamy. Frost top and sides of cake.
- For the white chocolate design, pipe melted bakers chocolate on wax paper, chill and peel off-carefully adhere to the sides!
- Click here for the cookies I placed on top!
You May Love These, Too! XOXO