I absolutely love s’mores. S’mores at the fire pit, s’mores in the oven, on the stovetop, in a candy bar. You name it and that version probably exists! These cookies are another variation on this loved dessert. A chocolate chip cookie with a graham cracker crumb base gets loaded with mini marshmallows and chunks of milk chocolate bars. Sounds like perfection, right? They are! Since they are part s’mores and part cookies, let’s call them smookies! Cute, isn’t it?
This batch is thicker because I baked them using my convection oven setting!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey bars, chopped (Sometimes I use the snack size because they r thicker...mmm)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt. Whisk together.
- In a separate larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by LARGE scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes, and remove from the oven.
- Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of Hershey bar into each cookies.
- Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. (watch carefully-baking time varies by size of cookies and also type of cookie sheet)
- Cool cookies.
- Eat cookies!!!!