Slow Cooker Garlic Brisket and Onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion and 1 yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 3 pounds beef brisket
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari (Or you can use soy sauce)
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the onions on medium/low for about 15 minutes.
- Season the brisket well with salt/pepper.
- In a large skillet, sear the brisket on both sides to make a brown crust.
- Place in slow cooker, fatty side up.
- Spread the garlic all over the top.
- Pile the onions on top of the meat.
- Combine broth, Worcestershire sauce, and Tamari.
- Pour this over the meat.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Rest 20 minutes before serving.
Adapted from the Kitchn