- * (Note: I halved this recipe with excellent results. For the eggs, I used one egg and 1 egg white.) BELOW IS THE FULLER VERSION RECIPE!
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh thyme leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups Panko (I USED GLUTEN FREE)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (you may want to use less, but we are salt-a-holics so it was perfect!!!)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, finely diced
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons SOFT butter
Place the meats, chives, thyme, parsley, eggs, panko, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Heat a little olive oil and cook the celery and onion 10 mins. When the celery and onions are cool, add them to the bowl with the meats. Mix the ingredients well (YUP-with your hands!!!)
Line a jelly roll pan (with sides) with parchment paper. Place the meatloaf on the parchment and pat it into a rectangle. Then press the sides into a cylinder shape. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minute. Internal temp should be about 160 degrees. Remove from the oven and rest 10 minutes.
For the sauce, combine the oil and garlic and cook 15 mins at a low simmer to lightly brown. Don’t burn the garlic. Take the garlic out of the oil and place in a pot with the broth and butter over medium-high heat. Save the oil for another use like sauteeing chicken tomorrow! Simmer 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add s&p to taste. Add extra chives/thyme if you want!
Slice the meatloaf and spoon the hot garlic butter sauce over the meatloaf. Yum!
ADAPTED FROM INA GARTEN!!!!