- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. corn syrup
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 – 2 bags popped popcorn (be sure it is gf)
- chocolate chips, nuts, MARSHMALLOWS,M&Ms, etc. to taste
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popcorn and pour popcorn into a bowl.
- Meanwhile: Combine butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a stead rate for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour caramel over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spread onto greased cookie sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes (10 for chewy, 15 for crunchy).
- Remove from oven and add toppings. Let cool briefly before returning to bowl. I also melted some chocolate and dipped some of the popcorn into it!!!
- THIS RECIPE COMES FROM SOMETHING SWANKY.