Bacon, Egg & Cheese Frittata
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- a few handfuls of spinach ripped into pieces
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 12 eggs
- splash of half & half cream or milk
- approx 1 cup shredded cheese-or more! (I used some half Manchego and half Red Leicester-cheddar would be great too!)
- chopped scallions, if desired
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet on medium and saute onion.
- Turn heat off and add spinach, stirring to wilt it. Season with salt.
- In bowl, mix the eggs, and cream or milk. Pour into skillet and stir in bacon to incorporate ingredients.
- Then, stop stirring and let cook 5 minutes to set edges.
- Season top with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and place oven-safe skillet into a 450 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked.
- Top with scallions, if desired.