Love chocolate chunk cookies warm for the oven/. Then this recipe is the one for you! Just a tip-the dough does need a long chill so plan accordingly!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chunk Cookies
2 and 1/4 cups (280 grams) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 and 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170 grams) unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup (150 grams) light brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (180 grams) chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Stir in both sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 and bake medium sized scoops for 8-10 minutes. My cookies were not as thick as those pictured in the original recipe but they were very delicious!!!
These fabulous chocolate chunks I used are from Abc Cake & Decorating. CHECK OUT THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE HERE! YOU CAN ORDER THEIR PRODUCTS HERE ON THEIR WEBSITE
Cookie recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction -check out her book here!