This salad is light, healthy and a real treat. A perfect lunch or a simple dinner, the left overs are even better! You can personalize this and add whatever other goodies you like such as fresh berries or chopped apples. Make sure you bookmark this balsamic vinaigrette recipe because you’ll want to use it over and over again.
1 1/2 pounds chicken, pounded
avocado or olive oil for grill pan
Vinaigrette Ingredients-Whisk all together! (adapted from Bon Appetit)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 sliced scallions
1/2 bag dried cranberries
walnuts, small package
1. Heat grill pan with 2T. oil and cook chicken on both sides. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Let chicken rest and slice.
3. Toss chicken with vinaigrette.
4. Add cranberries, walnuts & scallions
5. Toss with spinach right before serving!