Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips plus 1/4 cup chocolate chips for the tops
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Line two baking sheets with nonstick silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
Beat butter in a mixer for about 3 minutes.
Slowly add the sugars until creamy.
Add eggs & vanilla.
Slowly add flour, cocoa, soda, salt just until combined.
By hand, stir in peanut butter chips. Stir in peanut butter but keep large streaks running through the dough.
Chill dough for a few hours or they will spread too much. Using a small ice-cream scoop, make mounds of dough. Top each with some peanut butter and chocolate chips to pretty them up!!
Bake 10-12 mins. Let cool on sheets.
Store, airtight, at room temperature for up to a week
Adapted from Milk and Cookies Cookbook, makes about 2 dozen