Ice cream sandwiches in a pan? Are you kidding me? I could barely believe it myself until I cut these. They were just perfect. Perfect square shaped ice cream sandwiches that were sturdy enough to hold up to the hand of a six year old! Now, that I found impressive! I used Cocoa Pebbles as my cereal, but you could use Cocoa Krispies as the original recipe did. I also chose cookies ‘n cream ice cream. Again, choose whatever flavor your family approves of!
This recipe is adapted from ChinDeep. Be sure to check out her page!
- 5 cups Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
- ¾ cup finely chopped peanuts
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ gallon cookies 'n cream ice
- Put the cereal and nuts in a large bowl.
- Microwave the butter and brown sugar together until melted
- Pour butter/sugar mix over the cereal and mix well.
- Press half of the cereal mix into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 dish. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to press down firmly.
- Soften the ice cream enough to spread evenly over the cereal. Do this carefully so you don't upset the cereal layer.
- Pres rest of cereal on top and press down.
- Freeze a few hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars! Mmmm!