Love the Panera broccoli cheddar soup? Then you must try this. This one is even better because we are using Kerrygold Reserved Cheddar. Amazing stuff!!!! It is available at your local food stores and of course, at Whole Foods, too!
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 medium chopped onion
- ¼ cup flour (I used Cup4Cup gluten free flour)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped in chunks
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 7 ounces grated Kerry Gold cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in pot.
- Add onions and cook a few minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in flour and whisk well for a few minutes.
- Add broth and cream and bring to a simmer.
- Cook covered 25 minutes.
- Add broccoli and carrots and simmer another 20 minutes.
- Add sat/pepper generously to taste.
- Add cheese and stir in until melted.
- Optional: puree soup if you want it smooth. I left it with the broccoli chunks.
Adapted from The Recipe Critic