Cake Batter Brownie Layer Cake
- 1½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cookie Dough
- 1½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- two 15.25 oz boxes funfetti dry cake mix
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ cup milk
- 4-5 tsp sprinkles
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate Ganache
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 can chocolate frosting for piping decorations
- Line three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper and grease.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and combine.
- Divide among three pans and bake 25-30.
- Cool in pan 10 mins and then transfer to racks.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- On low, add one box of dry cake mix.
- Add 1½ cups cake mix from the second box.
- Add 1 cup flour.
- Add milk until desired consistency for spreading.
- Fold in sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Spread frosting between the brownie layers.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Microwave the heavy cream until boils.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap 5 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate smooth.
- Pour over the cake and let set.
- Pipe on chocolate frosting and add lots of sprinkles!!!
Adapted from Life, Love & Sugar