My friend Liz (From That Skinny Chick Can Bake) and I have this awesome monthly feature called Two Sweetie Pies. Each month, we choose a recipe from the other’s blog and feature it. We do not tell each other which recipe we are working on until reveal day which is always so exciting!
This month I went with a buttery, melt in your mouth treat!!!! Liz stuffed her bars with a fantastic caramel., I had just bought Trader Joe’s Dulce De Leche and so I used that instead. These bars need to be eaten in a quiet spot and a cup of coffee. They are that good….you’ll want to savor every single bite!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup premium jarred caramel sauce or Trader Joe's Dulce De Leche like I used
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Beat butter and both sugars.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil.
- Press one-third of the dough into the bottom of the pan and bake 20 mins.
- Meanwhile chill the rest of the dough.
- Spread the dulce de leche or caramel sauce over the crust carefully.
- Crumble the rest of the dough on top of the dulce/caramel.
- Bake about 30 minutes more until lightly golden.
- Cool and cut into bars.