This recipe is my Mom’s Famous Apple Tart Pastries. These are easy and delicious!
- 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 4 small Granny Smith apples
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- ¾ cup apricot jelly
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Lay them on the parchment and chill.
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem.
- Discard stems and cores.
- Slice the apples crosswise in ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Place overlapping slices of apples diagonally across the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle on the sugar and add the diced butter on top.
- Bake 40 minutes until browned.
- Heat the jelly and water on the stove and then brush this all over the apples and pastry.
- Remove tarts with a spatula so they won't stick and serve warm!
Adapted from Ina Garten