Oooooh cheese pastries just got fancier, faster, better and even more delicious!!! These gems start with puff pastry so you know they have to be FANCY!!! You can be creative with your toppings. I used fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. All of which were yummy! Let them cool a bit before adding the glaze or it ill melt right in. Make this for your next breakfast, brunch or afternoon tea and watch them all disappear rapidly!! These really taste like you spent hours on them yet you can make them in 20 minutes. Shhh, that can be our secret! Go ahead, I won’t tell!
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- fresh fruit of choice
- 1 large egg
- extra sugar for sprinkling over egg wash
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- a few teaspoons milk
- Cut 4-6 circles with a cookie cutter from the puff pastry.
- Lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread in center of each circle. Gently run knife around each circle where cream cheese ends to create the crust area.
- Top each pastry with fresh fruit.
- Beat the egg and brush on edges.
- Sprinkle with sugar over the egg.
- Bake 18 mins.
- Stir sugar/milk together to make glaze and drizzle on top!
adapted from Just a Taste