Oh you guys, do have a dish for you! So versatile, too. You know all that left over steak you bbq? Let’s put it to use. My hubby grilled up some skirt steak and filet mignon and used the extras in this dish. Of course you could sub out the steak for shrimp or chicken or even use all 3. I roasted some corn on the cob, cut it down and tossed it in with the pappardelle noodles. Made a dressing of olive oil and lemon juice. Then, I threw in some scallions, manchego cheese, toasted pine nuts and avocado. Serve it warm or cold and it is fabulous every time! Pappardelle with steak for the win!
- 8 ounces pappardelle noodles, boiled and drained
- ⅓ c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cob corn, roasted in the oven with butter salt/pepper at 400 for 20 mins and cut down.
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted in dry skillet 5 mins.
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, cubed
- 3 scallions, chopped
- leftover steak, grilled and sliced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Combine the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt/pepper.
- Pour this over your pappardelle noodles.
- Toss in the pine nuts, avocado, manchego, scallions and steak.
- Stir well to combine.
- Serve warm or chilled.