Not Your Mama’s Banana Pudding
This clever pudding idea comes from Paula Deen! This has been around for years and always intrigues me. Chessman cookies are delicious and banana pudding is, too…. so I figured this had to be a winner. It was! This is a simple recipe, too! Comes together easily and is fun to make! You can make this in any 9×13 pan that you have. I used a white decorative one but a metal brownie pan would work just fine, too. This pudding needs to chill once it is made. The longer it sits, the softer the Chessman cookies will get!
You may also enjoy:
- 12 ounces cool whip
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (5-oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 sliced bananas
- 2 bags chessmen cookies (I needed a few more from a 3rd bag)
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix. (Use a mixer if you prefer)
- In another mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk.
- Fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour over the cookies and bananas and cover with the rest of the cookies.
- Refrigerate until serving time.