WORLD'S MOST SCRUMPTIOUS ENGLISH TOFFEE WITH MILK CHOCOLATE & TOASTED PECANS!!!!
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (8 minutes at 350º)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8-12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (I used the huge Hershey bars, closer to 8 ounces)
- Cover baking sheet with silpat or lightly grease with Pam. (I used silpat to be safe)
- Cut butter into pieces and mix with sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Insert candy thermometer and allow to boil, stirring occasionally, until liquid turns amber and temperature reaches 290º. Remove from heat immediately and add vanilla. Stir to combine and pour onto prepared sheet. Spread a bit.
- Allow to cool about a minute, then sprinkle with chocolate. Allow heat to melt chocolate, then smooth out with spatula. Sprinkle with nuts and gently pat down so nuts adhere to chocolate. Chill for 2 hours, then break into small pieces. Store in refrigerator.
Adapted from my wonderful friend Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake via Gourmet Check out her blog-you’ll love it!!!