Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- 2 sticks butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾c. plus 1 T. cake flour
- ¾c. plus 2 T. cocoa powder
- 8 ounce bag Reese's minis (I used the container of Trader Joe's minis)
Peanut Butter Frosting
- ½ c. creamy pb
- 4 T. soft butter
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2c. confectioner's sugar
- 3T. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6T. butter
- 1T. light corn syrup
- 1c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. Reese's peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven 350
- Line a 9x13 pan with nonstick foil.
- IN a sauce pan, melt butter and add chips.
- Once smooth, turn off heat but keep pan on the burner.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift in flour and cocoa.
- Stir in pb cups. Spread in pan and bake about 25 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes and place in fridge for 7 hours or overnight!
- Beat butter, pb and salt.
- Slowly add confectioner's sugar and then the milk and vanilla.
- Beat well on medium until fluffy.
- Spread over the cold brownie and chill again.
- Microwave butter and chips together until smooth and melted.
- Add syrup and stir well.
- Pour over the frosting and spread with an offset spatula.
- Cut bars into squares with a big, hot knife.
- Melt the peanut butter chips and drizzle on top!
adapted from Extreme Brownies