Christmas Cranberry Bars with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ cup butter, cubed
- 1½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x13 pan with nonstick foil.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl until melted.
- Stir in the brown sugar.
- Cool a bit.
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in cranberries and chocolate.
- Spread in pan and bake 18-20 mins.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add half the meted chocolate.
- Frost blondies.
- Sprinkle on cranberries and drizzle on the rest of the melted chocolate.
- Cut into squares and store in the fridge.
Adapted from Recipe Girl