The shortcut? A yellow box cake mix! The result? A delicious upside down cake! I used fresh pineapple which enhanced the cake even more!
10 inch loaf pan (no smaller)
Pineapple Upside Down Shortcut Cake
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 yellow box cake mix, prepared according to box. I used 3 cups of this batter. Use the extra for cupcakes.
- ½ pineapple, sliced into chunks
- maraschino cherries
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Pour into the bottom of a 10 inch greased loaf pan.
- Top with pineapple chunks to cover the bottom and add cherries in the spaces.
- Pour the 3 cups of cake batter evenly on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes,
- Run knife around edges and invert onto a rack.
- Make sure the rack is over a sheet pan to catch any extra dripping sugar from the glaze.
- Cool completely before cutting.