Cream of Chicken Fusilli Soup
Baby it’s cold outside! But it sure is cozy inside with this delightful soup! Creamy and packed with fusilli, it will keep you warm on a chilly winter’s night! This Cream of Chicken Fusilli Soup will be the hit of your family dinner! I promise! Great for leftovers the next day, too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ⅓ cup plain | all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- handful fresh dill
- 1 good pinch of salt (adjust to you taste)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups whole milk
- 10 ounces fusilli
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sear chicken thighs on both sides until golden.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, dill.
- Sauté 5 mins.
- Add flour, parsley and salt, cooking 3 more mins.
- Add broth.
- Raise to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer 25 mins until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken and shred, Put shredded chicken in soup.
- Add milk and pasta.
- Boil and cook 8 mins.
- Taste for salt.
Adapted from Cafe Delites