Luckily it is time for another month of Two Sweetie Pies! Another month of 2 Sweetie Pies with That Skinny Chick Can Bake means another wonderful dessert! Always a success when you bake from Liz’s blog! Each month we bake up a recipe from each other and keep it a secret until reveal day! Super fun! Make sure you pop over to visit Liz and see which Hugs & Cookies recipe she chose this month.
This month I went with Liz’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies because who can resist the combo of peanut butter and chocolate! These decadent brownies did not disappoint! They are very rich so you can cut them on the smaller side and get even more out of the batch!
Thanks once again Liz for a fabulous dessert!
You can visit Liz on her social media channels here:
The only change I made on these was to do a glaze on top instead of a ganache.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter, soft
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- 2 & ¼ ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 & ½ teaspoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350º. Put a long piece of non-stick foil in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan, fitting so it covers the bottom of pan, the two shorter sides, plus has some overhang on each side for easy removal.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the 1 cup butter in the microwave.
- Stir in sugar, then eggs and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in flour and mix till just combined.
- Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Beat ingredients until smooth. Add milk if too thick.
- Spread filling evenly over cooled brownies.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While the filling is cooling, make glaze.
- Microwave butter & chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup and pour over chilled peanut butter layer.
- Chill until firm.