So, we start with a delicious and buttery sugar cookie. Then, we bake it as a bar while stuffing it with crushed pretzels, snack size Reese’s peanut butter cups and hot caramel. Are you sold on these yet? No? Well, we finish them off with a nice thick layer of drizzled melted chocolate. Ahhh, I knew you’d see the light and want to bake these. They are basically the perfect combination of both sweet and salty. Every woman’s dream!
Make Cookie dough:
- Beat 1 stick butter in mixer with 1c. sugar.
- Add 1 egg and 1 tsp. vanilla. Beat till combined.
- Add 2c. flour, 1/2 tsp. baking powder and a pinch of salt. Voila! There is your dough! How easy was that!!!???
Bar ingredients (In addition to sugar cookie dough):
1c. chopped pretzels
16 snack size peanut butter cups
1/2c. chocolate chips, semisweet, for drizzle on top of the cooled bars
- Press most of sugar cookie dough into an 8×8 pan. I lined mine with nonstick foil for easy removal. Reserve a little bit of dough to crumble on the top at the end. Just eyeball how much to reserve.
- Crush 1 cup of pretzels roughly with hands and put on top of dough.
- Lay peanut butter cups on top of the pretzels.
- Microwave 10 caramels and 1T. milk till melted, about 1 minute. Pour on top of peanut butter cups. Mmmmm!
- Crumble on the rest of the cookie dough that you reserved. Bake about 25 minutes till golden and cooked through. Let cool to room temp.
- Melt 1/2c chocolate chips and drizzle across the top when it is cooled. Eat up!
Adapted from Picky Palate
You May Love These, Too! XOXO