Chocolate chunk cookies get baked unice and thick and once out of the oven they get immediately sprinkled with chopped Heath Bars. The heat from the cookies just start to melt the heath candies leaving the centers crisp! Basically a perfect cookie for all toffee lovers. And I must show you my new baking mat-thanks hubby! How cute is this mat? Each cookie fits on it’s own face-what a riot! It also helped prevent major cookie spread which I loved.
Heath Bar Chocolate Chunk Cookies-Ingredients
2 and 1/4 cups (280 grams) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 and 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170 grams) unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup (150 grams) light brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (180 grams) chocolate chunks
1/2 bag of Heath bar minis, chopped
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Stir in both sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 and bake medium sized scoops for 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately, sprinkle cookies with chopped Heath bars when you pull the tray out of the oven. Let them cool on tray before removing.
These fabulous chocolate chunks I used are from Abc Cake & Decorating. CHECK OUT THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE HERE! YOU CAN ORDER THEIR PRODUCTS HERE ON THEIR WEBSITE
Basic Cookie dough recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction -check out her book here!
Heath Bar addition by Hugs & Cookies xoxo