If you love girl scout cookies, you’ll adore these bars!!!!
Nonstick Foil-Best invention ever!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Chocolate Topping
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate bars (not chips)-I recommend Ghirardelli!!!
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Press into the pan and prick it with a fork all over.
- Bake 12 minutes just to set it, not brown it.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Pour it into a bowl with the other ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Use an offset spatula to spread this over the warm crust.
- Microwave the chocolate and oil just till melted and stir smooth.
- Pour over the peanut butter layer and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Pop into the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Return to room temp and slice into bars.
- Serve with a tall glass of milk!
This recipe is adapted from Averie Cooks! Please check out her 2 cookbooks here, too! I absolutely love them!!!