If you love girl scout cookies, you’ll adore these bars!!!!
Offset Spatula-Fabulous for spreading the layers!!!
Nonstick Foil-Best invention ever!
8 inch pan
Ghirardelli Bars for Melting
Peanut Butter Tag Along Bars
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Chocolate Topping
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate bars (not chips)-I recommend Ghirardelli!!!
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick foil.
Crust - Electric mix all to form a crumbly dough.
- Press into the pan and prick it with a fork all over.
- Bake 12 minutes just to set it, not brown it.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Pour it into a bowl with the other ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Use an offset spatula to spread this over the warm crust.
- Microwave the chocolate and oil just till melted and stir smooth.
- Pour over the peanut butter layer and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Pop into the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Return to room temp and slice into bars.
- Serve with a tall glass of milk!
This recipe is adapted from Averie Cooks! Please check out her 2 cookbooks here, too! I absolutely love them!!!
Teri Giese says
Another good one! The hubs will be whining about his growing muffintop, which he now fondly refers to as just “muffin”,at this point! ????Love Averies blog as well. Have to get those books and keep feeding the muffin!
Lee solt says
You alternately call for “confectioners sugar” and “powdered sugar”. There’s a difference?
Hugs & Cookies xoxo says