Valentine Thumbprint Cookies
- ⅔ cup soft butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- LOTS of sprinkles!! I used Valentine themed sprinkles-sold in Michaels! Regular sprinkles would be cute too! (Or both!!!!!!!)
- 20 (or however many cookies you wind up making….) Hershey kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. If too soft, chill in fridge a few minutes but mine was ready to roll.
- Roll dough balls in sprinkles to coat.
- Place on cookie sheets, and, using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie’s center. Let cool!!!