There is only one thing better than a thick, rich , delicious peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips! Do you know what it is? It is that same cookie stuffed with a Reese’s peanut butter cup in the center before you bake it. Am I speaking your language now? Like wow!!!! This cookie will not disappoint and will be a real crowd pleaser amongst your friends and family for sure! We just returned from Hershey Park where I could not get enough hershey bars or peanut butter cups! I even bought peanut butter cup pajamas which I may never part with! LOL
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 Tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 cup, packed brown sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chocolate chips, plus extra for tops (I used a combo of semi sweet, milk chooclate and mini chips)
- Mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- Beat butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and yolk.
- Beat in the peanut butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into 2 oz portions.
- Break each dough ball in half, lay a reese's in middle and top with other, enclosing the pb cup.
- Flatten the best you can bc they won't spread.
- Top with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake 9-10 mins.
Adapted from Bright Eyed Baker