This is a great salmon dish to make because it tastes ooh la la fancy but is really simple to make. If you have not tried browned butter yet, you will be in love. It has such a nutty fragrance! It is also delish when used in chocolate chip cookies! Check out this recipe for dessert!
Now back to the salmon……
- 3 or 4 salmon filets
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- chives for garnish
- Preheat your broiler.
- Melt butter in an oven-proof skillet and cook a few minutes until browned.
- Add honey, lemon juice and garlic.
- Stir well.
- Remove heat. Reserve half this liquid for serving time.
- Place skillet back on heat and sear salmon 3-4 minutes on one side until golden.
- Flip filets and broil 5 more minutes,
- Season with salt/pepper and pour on the reserved sauce.