This Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe comes from one of my favorite bloggers….Cookies and Cups! Have you checked out her amazing cookbook yet? What are you waiting for?!! You can find it at Amazon—> The Cookies and Cups Cookbook.
My favorite part of these cookies is the addition of mini chips. That is not your usual chip in a cookie! They made the cookies extra special though. Try these out next time your kids are begging for some homemade cookies! But one warning….they need an overnight chill. Don’t let that scare you away-just make the dough when you have some extra time and it will be waiting for you the next day!
- 1 cup soft salted butter
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2¾ cups flour (I like Target brand for these-helps them spread!)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bag Ghirardelli mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (not nestle for these)
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add eggs & vanilla.
- On low, add dry ingredients.
- Fold in chips.
- Chill overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place large mounds on cookie sheet and bake 9-11 mins.
- Do not over bake!
Adapted from Cookies and Cups