- 1 ¼ cup graham-cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons salted and melted butter
- 1 ⅔ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1¾ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced (some for bottom pie shell, some for pastry cream, some for decoration on top)
- 1 jar dulce de leche, heated so you can pour it
- Mix 3 ingredients and press firmly into 9 in pie pan.
- Bake at 325 for 10 mins and cool.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a pot over medium, heat the milk, ¼ cup sugar and the vanilla.
- Bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, sift the 3T. sugar and cornstarch, Add the eggs to this mixture.
- While whisking eggs, pour in some of the simmering milk.
- Transfer it all back to the pan and whisk constantly until it's thick like pudding. This will take 5-10 mins on medium low. Keep whisking!
- Remove heat and whisk in butter.
- Pour into bowl, place plastic wrap directly on the surface and chill.
- When ready to assemble, beat cream to soft peaks. Add sugar.
- Fold ½ cup cream into the pastry cream. Add sliced bananas directly to cream.
- Line bottom of pie with sliced bananas.
- Top with pastry cream.
- op with rest of whipped cream and use the bananas you have left to decorate the top!
- Chill and serve within 24 hours!!!
- *Tip: you may want to save one banana for the decorations on top and lay them on pie right before you serve to prevent browning.
- Serve with dulce de leche poured on top!