Oh my! Banana Pie! Banana pie is sooooo good but when you add dulce de leche…whoa! Now we’re talking! Try out this dulce de leche banana cream pie and your family will go bananas!!
- 1 ¼ cup graham-cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons salted and melted butter
- 1 ⅔ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1¾ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced (some for bottom pie shell, some for pastry cream, some for decoration on top)
- 1 jar dulce de leche, heated so you can pour it
- Mix 3 ingredients and press firmly into 9 in pie pan.
- Bake at 325 for 10 mins and cool.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a pot over medium, heat the milk, ¼ cup sugar and the vanilla.
- Bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, sift the 3T. sugar and cornstarch, Add the eggs to this mixture.
- While whisking eggs, pour in some of the simmering milk.
- Transfer it all back to the pan and whisk constantly until it's thick like pudding. This will take 5-10 mins on medium low. Keep whisking!
- Remove heat and whisk in butter.
- Pour into bowl, place plastic wrap directly on the surface and chill.
- When ready to assemble, beat cream to soft peaks. Add sugar.
- Fold ½ cup cream into the pastry cream. Add sliced bananas directly to cream.
- Line bottom of pie with sliced bananas.
- Top with pastry cream.
- op with rest of whipped cream and use the bananas you have left to decorate the top!
- Chill and serve within 24 hours!!!
- *Tip: you may want to save one banana for the decorations on top and lay them on pie right before you serve to prevent browning.
- Serve with dulce de leche poured on top!
Leave a Reply