Slow Cooker Brisket Tacos
- 4-5 pounds brisket
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 9 garlic cloves minced
- kosher salt/pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce (Or gluten free Tamari which I used)
- taco shells
- shredded cheese
- brown rice
- jalapeno slices
- Heat 1 T. oil in a pan and sauté the onions on medium low for about 20 minutes or until caramelized.
- Season the brisket generously with salt/pepper.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a heavy bottom pot and sear the brisket on both sides to brown to a golden crust.
- Sprinkle the garlic over the brisket and lay it in the crockpot, fatty side up.
- Pile the onions on top of the meat.
- Mix broth with 2 sauces and pour over the meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and let it rest 20 mins.
- Shred/slice for the tacos
- heat shells and let everyone make their own tacos!
Brisket recipe adapted from the kitchn