This meatloaf was also fabulous baked in a 12 inch lodge cast iron skillet….
ADAPTED FROM INA GARTEN!!!!
- * Note: I halved this recipe with excellent results. For the eggs, I used one egg and 1 yolk.
- Below is the full recipe. I have also made this using all ground beef and it was wonderful!
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- fresh parsley chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups Panko pulsed in food processo
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt you may want to use less, but we are salt-a-holics so it was perfect!!!
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 large onion finely diced
- ¾ c. olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons SOFT butter
- fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grind the Panko in the food processor to make fine.
- Place the meats, chives, parsley, eggs, panko, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat. Heat olive oil and cook the onion 5 mins. When cool, add to the bowl with the meats. Mix the ingredients well (YUP-with your hands!!!)
- Line a jelly roll pan (with sides) with parchment paper. Place the meatloaf on the parchment and pat it into a rectangle. Then press the sides into a cylinder shape. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minute. Internal temp should be about 155-160 degrees. Remove from the oven and rest 10 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine the oil and garlic and cook 15 mins at a low simmer to lightly brown. Don't burn the garlic. Take the garlic out of the oil and place in a pot with the broth and butter over medium-high heat. Save the oil for another use like sauteeing chicken tomorrow! Simmer on medium-low 15-30 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add s&p to taste.
- Add extra chives and rosemary!
- Slice the meatloaf and spoon the hot garlic butter sauce over the meatloaf. Yum!