Honey Lime Garlic ShrimpThis recipe makes a huge shrimp dinner served over rice. Feel free to cut this recipe in half for a smaller crowd.
Honey Lime Garlic Shrimp
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled/deveined
- salt/pepper/chili powder to taste
- Olive oil to cook with-1-2 Tablespoons
- Honey Lime Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Zest from 1 lime
- 4 garlic cloves, grated in with a zester
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Large bunch scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil, reserved for dressing
- Brown rice for serving
- Preheat grill pan with a little bit of olive oil. Season shrimp with salt/pepper/chili powder and cook on both sides.
- Prepare sauce by whisking all together.
- While shrimp cook, baste them with half the sauce. Pour the rest of the sauce in a separate cup and stir in the ¼ cup olive oil to make it a dressing.
- Serve shrimp over rice and pour on the extra dressing.
- Garnish with chives.
Adapted from The House Wife In Training Files