Honey Lime Garlic ShrimpThis recipe makes a huge shrimp dinner served over rice. Feel free to cut this recipe in half for a smaller crowd.
Honey Lime Garlic Shrimp
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled/deveined
- salt/pepper/chili powder (or chipotle) to taste
- Olive oil to cook with-1-2 Tablespoons
- Honey Lime Sauce:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- Juice of 2 large limes
- Zest from 1 lime
- 4 garlic cloves, grated in with a zester
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Large bunch scallions, chopped
- Brown rice for serving
- Preheat grill pan with a little bit of olive oil. Season shrimp with salt/pepper/chipotle and cook on both sides. When almost done, baste them with a little of the sauce. Shut heat and pour on the rest of sauce. Transfer shrimp/sauce to serving platter. Garnish with scallions.
Honey Lime Sauce:
- Whisk together the olive oil, honey, lime juice, zest, garlic and chili powder.