These bars will be all the rage! The perfect ratio of caramel filling to oatmeal crumbles!
You may need:
- 11 ounces Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 12 T. melted butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Melt the caramel and cream in microwave until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour and baking soda.
- Pour on the melted butter and stir creating a crumbly mixture.
- Line an 8x8 pan with nonstick foil and press half into the bottom.
- Bake at 350 for 10 mins.
- Remove and top the crust with your chocolate chips.
- Pour the caramel on top.
- Crumble the rest of the oat mixture on top and bake 15 mins.
- Cool, then chill a few hours before cutting into bars.
Adapted from donuts2crumpets