Frozen Cheesecake with Hot Chocolate
This is a fun cheesecake to make! It has no crust and I love to preslice this cake and store the slices in the freezer. At serving time, I melt some delicious milk chocolate bars and drizzle it on like a magic shell!
You may need:
- 32 oz cream cheese, soft
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 8 T. soft butter
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 16 ounces good milk chocolate (Use bars, not chips-I like Trader Joes Pound Plus bar)
- 1 T. coconut oil
- Coat inside of a 10 inch springform pan generously coat inside of pan with butter.
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream.
- Add sugar, cornstarch and vanilla- beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into springform pan.
- Fill a small cake pan with hot water and place in oven next to the springform to add moisture.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 mins. or until just has only a slight jiggle in the center.
- Shut oven off and Crack open door for 30 mins.
- Then remove to counter to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- I like to slice and then pop the slices in the freezer so they are always on hand.
- When serving, drizzle on the hot chocolate which will set immediately like a magic shell!
Cheesecake Adapted from Art and the Kitchen