Chocolate Oreo Cake Gooey Bars
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 8 more tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg, plus 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 16-ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 Oreos, coarsely chopped
- hot fudge, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 13 by 9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, 1 egg, and 1 stick melted butter.
- Press this into the pan.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add 2 eggs and cocoa powder.
- On low, add the powdered sugar.
- Slowly add the last stick of melted butter and the vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fold in Oreo.
- Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Don't overbake.
- Let cool partially and cut bars.
- Serve with hotfudge if desired.
Adapted from Paula Deen