Okay, we are talking the best part of the apple pie plus some caramel baked up in a crescent danish!!!!! Oh, did I forget to mention the cheese filling!!! MMMMMMMM!!!! You can certainly use canned apples if you are tight on time but this homemade version from Spend with Pennies is to die for! And only takes 10 minutes!!!!
- 1 roll crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- splash vanilla
- 4 apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 T. butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 T. water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 T. plus 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 2 T. water
- Unwrap the crescents but don't unroll them.
- Cut with a serrated knife like cut and roll cookies into 10 slices.
- Lay on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Dust the bottom of a measuring cup with flour and press each roll to flatten the bottoms and keep a brim around the sides. Use your fingers to help.
- Electric mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Melt the butter and cinnamon in a pot.
- Add the apples, water, sugar and toss well.
- Cover and simmer approx 10 minutes until apples are soft.
- Add the cornstarch/water slurry and cook another minute.
- Let cool!
- Add a scoop of the cheese to each danish.
- Top with some apples.
- Bake at 350 for approx 15 mins or lightly golden danish.
- Cool and top with homemade caramel if desired. (Or store bought)
Click here for A HOMEMADE CARAMEL RECIPE!!!
Apple Pie Recipe adapted from the wonderful Spend with Pennies!!!
Cheese filling adapted from Baking Bytes