So this killer recipe is beyond amazing. All the credit for this one goes to my dear friend at OMG Chocolate Desserts! Have you visited her yet? You must! Here is a link to her Facebook page, too. You will just stand there drooling. Yup, you’ve been warned!! This is such a rich cheesecake but somehow everyone managed to eat a slice and not just a bite! Perfect amount of sweetness due to the bittersweet chocolate. I used Ghirardelli because it’s my favorite but you can use any brand you prefer. Just promise you won’t use chips? Please? Ok, thanks! Much better quality when it comes in the bar shape. Let’s save the chips for our cookies! Mmmm!!
- 24 Oreo cookies-place in food processor and crush to crumbs
- 4Tablespoons salted butter-melted in microwave
- 32 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1⅓ cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 10 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. Ghriardelli bittersweet chocolate,chopped
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F,
- Mix oreo crumbs and melted butter and press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. (I did have some butter seep out of my pan-just wiped it with a towel)
- Let cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese.
- Add sugar and cocoa until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time on low.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour in the cooled, melted chocolate on low to blend.
- Pour this over the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake about 70 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Drag a thin knife around the sides and chill in fridge over night.
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted, stirring smooth.
- Remove the sides of the springform and pour on the ganache allowing it to run down the sides a bit.
- Top with huge, chocolate curls if desired!
Adapted from OMG Chocolate Desserts!