If you find yourself grabbing a Mounds bar when walking through the candy aisle, then this is the recipe for YOU! This is the recipe I chose for November’s Two Sweetie Pies feature! Each month, Liz (from That Skinny Chick Can Bake) and I bake a recipe from each other’s blog and reveal it secretly on our pages! I love how we do this because every one of her recipes is a winner! This month…yet another winner! These mounds bars start with a graham cracker crust filled with ooey gooey coconut filling and topped with chocolate ganache. Need I say more? Go ahead and follow my sweet friend Liz on her social media pages:
You may also like:
Homemade Mounds Bars
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 7 ounces coconut
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cream
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Mix crumbs, powdered sugar and butter and pat into an 8 x 8 pan (may line with non-stick foil for easy removal). Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour sweet and condensed milk into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat till quite warm to touch. Stir in coconut. Spread evenly over crust. Bake 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before icing.
- Melt chocolate and cream in the microwave, using stopping and stirring at 30-second increments, till smooth. Give the mixture a good whisk and pour over coconut layer and spread to cover.
- Chill before cutting for a cleaner cut. If chocolate is too hard, it will crack unless you first score it with a hot, dry knife.