Fried Macaroni and Cheese
Fried mac and cheese is the way to take macaroni and cheese to a whole new level! Whoa! This is what appetizers should all be made of!!! Start with this fabulous stovetop mac and cheese! Chill it, roll it, fry it, eat it! Mmmmmmm I do believe the Cheesecake Factory serves up some fried mac and cheese! Now you can try your own version of fried macaroni and cheese at home!!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (not in a bag)
- Oil for frying
- 2 eggs
- Seasoned panko bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt/pepper.
- Slowly pour in milk and cook until bubbly.
- Whisk in cheese a little at a time.
- Drain the macaroni and add to the sauce.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Chill 3 hours until firm.
- Roll into balls.
- Whisk eggs.
- Roll balls in egg, then panko, then pan fry until golden!