Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray, for spraying the loaf pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, small diced (about 1 cup), celery leaves reserved for garnish
- ½ medium onion, small diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1½ pounds ground chicken thighs
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles (I used 1 cup parmesan instead)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups panko breadcrumbs
- celery, blue cheese crumbles, hot sauce
Sauce: Whisk together the ketchup and hot sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
meatloaf: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in pan over medium-high heat.
- Saute the celery and onion until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture, with the drippings, to a large bowl. Add the hot sauce to the bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken, blue cheese, salt, pepper, eggs and 1½ cups of the panko and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared loaf pan, pressing more in the center of the loaf to create a divot.
- Brush the sauce over the top.
- Mix the Parmesan with ½ cup of the panko.
- Sprinkle on top of sauce.
- Bake 45 -60 minutes.
- Let rest 15 mins and slice.
- Serve with blue cheese crumbles, celery and hot sauce.
Adapted from Food Network