Sometimes you need a crockpot dinner that requires 3 minutes of prep before you go to work. I mean like literally 3 minutes. This is IT! This smells divine while it cooks and the cilantro adds such a fresh flavor. This chicken shreds up beautifully after 7 hours. I like to switch up how I serve it. Some favorites include hard taco shells, soft taco shells, lettuce wraps and served over rice. I topped this with avocado but feel free to add more fixins like some cheese or corn! Mmmmmmm! This crockpot taco salsa chicken seriously rocks!
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 16 oz salsa
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lines, juiced
- sliced avocados
- taco shells (soft or hard) or lettuce wraps
- Place chicken in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top.
- Pour the salsa right over it. Pour on the lime juice.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Cook on low 7 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to salsa sauce.
- Serve n taco shells or lettuce wraps or over rice.
- Top with avocado slices!
Adapted from Belleof the Kitchen