Sweet Martha's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2½ sticks butter, soft
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the first 5 dry ingredients.
- In a mixer, beat butter and 2 sugars until fluffy.
- Add egg and yolks.
- Add vanilla until blended.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Fold in chips.
- Chill covered for 48 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough by large tablespoons and gently press down on tops.
- Bake 10 minutes.